Thursday, January 31, 2013

A retrospective look at 33 years in the SABC Record Library



Thersia Francis, the Manager of the SABC Record Library, is leaving the SABC Media Libraries today to pursue other interests in life. She started as a woman assistant in the Record Library, and later became the Manager of the Record Library.


How long did you work for the SABC, and where did you start before you came to the Media Libraries?

I started in 1980, 33 years ago. I started in the Record Library.

What did it mean to you to work in the Record Library? 

That was a very big part of my life, and I have enjoyed every minute of it.

Did you meet interesting people, and who?

I have met a lot of bands, singers and artists. 
My highlight was being backstage with Jon Bon Jovi in their first concert in Johannesburg Athletics Stadium.

What do you remember about your time here?

99% was happiness in my job - to work with music and music related functions which I have enjoyed most.

What are your plans for the future?

For the near future; to relax and doing the things I never had time to do previously!


We wish you well, Thersia!


Related post:

Interview with the Manager of the SABC Record Library


Questions & blog post by Karen du Toit, SABC Radio Archives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We welcome any feedback and comments!